Due to COVID-19, people are warned to isolate themselves or to self-quarantine. During this time, people should take care of their physical health, boost their immune system, remain mindful of their mental health, and practice good habits to promote dental health.
This is also the perfect time to educate your kids about good dental habits like flossing and brushing their teeth. The truth is that it is uncertain when things would be back to normal and when everyone will have access to all dental services, so parents must ensure that their kids take care of their teeth during this period.
Of course, there is more to proper oral hygiene besides flossing and brushing one’s teeth. Here are some tips on how to take care of your oral health while having to self-quarantine:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Make sure not to forget to brush your tongue to keep your whole mouth clean.
- Floss your teeth at least once every day.
- Use an electric toothbrush.
- Gargle with mouth rinse to kill bacteria and remove plaque.
- Avoid eating and drinking sweet food and beverages. Replace beverages with yogurt and milk.
- Drink plenty of water to wash away acids from your mouth
Although it is incredibly important to take care of your physical and mental health during these trying times, you should also take care of your oral health while having to self-quarantine.
We are looking forward to continuing taking care of your dental care/needs soon.