Let’s face it our teeth are amazing! Without them we wouldn’t be able to speak, eat, sing, or smile properly. We like to celebrate our teeth by sharing some interesting dental facts you may not have known!
Here Are 12 Fun Dental Facts
- If you’ve been using floss daily, by the end of the year the total length will be the perimeter of a baseball diamond!Is your floss going to make it to home plate?
- Because birds lack teeth, many swallow stones or gritsto aid in breaking up hard foods.
- On average, women smile 62 times a dayand men only eight times a day. Step it up, guys!
- The average American spends 5 total daysbrushing their teeth in their lifetime.
- Only 40 percentof young people age six to 19 have had cavities in their life. That’s down from 50 percent a decade ago!
- Back in the middle ages, people thought that a dog’s tooth boiled in wine made an excellent mouth rinse to prevent tooth decay. Tasty!
- The Egyptian plover,also known as the crocodile bird, is famous for flying into crocodile mouths and cleaning their teeth. Would you like cleaning by our Hygienist or would you prefer crocodile bird?
- Prior to the 1850s, ‘toothpastes’ were usually powders and contained soap and chalk. Do you want this or your normal toothpaste?
- An obscure law in Vermont states that it is illegal for women to wear false teeth without the written permission of their husband. Wow crazy right!
- The first official female dentist was Lucy Beaman Hobbs, licensed in 1866.And now days we are all able to see many female dentists!
- Different animals have different amounts of teeth; armadillos have 104, pigs have 44, and humans have 32. How many do you have?
- Did you know that 47% of people notice a person’s smile when first meeting? Have you notice the person’s teeth next to you?
Now that you know all this Fun Dental Facts feel free to share the with your family, friends, coworkers, and everyone else.